Thursday, February 3, 2011

Welcome to My Blog Space!

Hello and Greetings everyone!

I want to welcome you to my blog Fripperies and Butterflies.....who am I? Well my name is Leanne Seed and I am a paper crafts artisan. I love making cards, tags, altered items and mini albums and everything in between! I hope here I can share my designs and techniques with all of you my friends.
So how did I get started? well about 5 years ago I went to work at a little place called Archivers where I discovered an entirly new wonderland called scrapbooking...well that was all it took I was hooked. I started designing my own collage sheets and a friend saw them and said you should sell them....and the rest is history. And now I get to play and design my heart out as well as teach all over Texas.
I am hoping here to share the designs I come up with and recipes and techniques in making them.
So stay tuned and I will be back with images and freebies and all sorts of items to inspire and have fun with. I welcome any comments and questions so dont be shy!
Here is a little card I did last year in one of my Stamp Antonio classes, it is called "Tuscan Window"
You will start with a white card stock base and ink the edges with Color Box  "Charcole" ink.
Then I took a piece of Gecko Galz Belle Firenze Papers and cut it to 5 3/4" x 5 1/4" and ink the edge with the charcole ink and adhere to the front of the card. Then take strip of redline tape and streach across card center. Take a length of Organza Ribbon (I used Antique Gold May Arts Ribbon) and cut in half then adhere half to right side of red line tape and the other to the left side  pull them together and tie in bow on the right side of card.
Take picture of window and cut out then using glue pen add glue to portions of window arch and sprinkle with gold UTEE and emboss using heat gun. (I use a glue gun rather than a Versa Mark pen because it does not dry as fast)
Then take picture and cut black card stock that is 1/4 inch larger than picture so it has a border around it and e a creative using pop dots adhere to left side of card. Using Glossy Accents I painted the flowers in the flower box then took autumn mix flower soft and adhered it to the painted part. And last I took gold bling and adhered them to the four corners of the  window picture and in the design of the paper. And there is your card ready to send to someone special!

Hope you have
A creative Day!
Leanne

Here is the picture I used

No comments:

Post a Comment