Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

Hello everyone!

One of my favorite product lines to work with is Core'dinations papers and thought it would be fun to create some fun projects using their paper products as the base of the designs. Their papers are a wonderful way to make your paper crafted products to stand out because there are so many ways to play with them.

The first design I did was an Alice in wonderland inspired card where I used a sheet of "Hypnotic" paper from Core'dinations "Black Magic" line it is a black paper with a wonderful red core. These papers are amazing to use with embossing folders and a distresser. on this card I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder then using my distressing pad I lightly sanded off some of the black to expose the red inner core. Then I used gold UTEE and distressed with Versa Mark ink and embossed. I added some May Arts Ribbon and a silk flower and topped with images by Gecko Galz. You have to admit it is the Core'dinations paper totally make this card!
On the second set of Cards I worked with Core'dinations "Whitewash" collection, these papers have a lovley distressed white look to them but once you remove that top layer you will discover a brilliant color underneath. Again I used Cuttlebug embossing forlers and a distresser pad to create my own designer paper to add class and style to these cards. I also love tearing to expose the inner core color (as seen in the bottom card) just a quick note when tearing to expose the inner core tear from the top.


Now on my last card I fell in love with the Core'dinations "Chocolate Box" collection "Irish Creme" and again dry embossed and distressed off the top brown layer to reveal the stunning green layer underneath and what I found amazing is that I found a lovley ribbon from May arts that matches it so amazingly well! If you like decadent almost edible colors you will love this line!


I also wanted to show how using core'dinations with your scrapbook pages can help you turn out award winning pages with ease. I used two sheets of Core essentials papers "Lake" and "Meadow" and using embossing folders, tulle ribbon, ephemeras and a star punch I created this amazing sping time page. something as simmple as tearing and exposing the colored core can add just the right touch to your page.


And as my final Core'dinations project I designed a sweet little spring journal which makes the perfect gift for easter or mothers day. To make this journal start with a 8.5" x 11" note book and three spring colored pieces of Core'dinations papers, I selected the "Flower Power" collection and used the green, blue and lavender colors. I cut it down to 8" x 11" and tore the right side of each piece to expose the core. Take red line tape and adhere a piece of antique lace along the lip of your book. Then one by one layer on your core'dinations papers leaving 1/4" of torn area free of adhesive until book cover is completly covered (you may have to tear a bit more from the blue and green papers to create staggered effect, do this on both sides of your book. Then take blueish purple ribbon (I used May Arts Ribbon) and streach across book using red line tape. Tie two bows out of same ribbon and place verticaly on the ends of the ribbon strips with glue dots. Then take 4" wide eyelet ribbon and red line tape and adhere around spine of book where one side will be on the front and the rest on the back. Then take 11" of ribbon and run along left edge using red line tape and using white prima flowers and glue dots place 7 down ribbon and finish with an adhesive pearl in center.
The create your journal plaque and place on the upper section of book, I used ephemeras from Gecko Galz "Viva La France" Collection and Creative Imaginations metal letter stickers. And there you have a wonderful gift that will wow anyone and everyone!
So I invite all of you to try your hand with using Core'dinations papers and tear, emboss, and create your way to beautiful paper crafted projects!
Visit them at
http://www.coredinations.com/
Next time I will be working with Core'dinations Foundations "Pearls" and showing how to make elegant holiday cards.
Until next time have a crafty day
Leanne

2 comments:

  1. I love Core'dinations too! Beautiful projects here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, I really love the Journal with the torn colored strips!! Great details!!

    ReplyDelete