Tuesday, April 24, 2012

FUN WITH STRIPES

Such whimsy is found in a beautiful piece of Striped paper.....when you look at it all kinds of fun things begin to form in the far reaches of your imagination. So I thought it might be fun to show you a few designs I came up with while using stripes and fun papers, hope you enjoy them!

COWGIRL UP CARD
To create this card I used Gecko Galz "Lucky Stripe" paper, May arts woven ribbon. red bling, red twine, And a cowgirl image I found. And then for something funI took a pair of worn out jeans and made my own trim.

DRAGONFLY DREAMS CARD
Now for this card I created my own stripes by tearing papers and layering them. I used red cardstock, Gecko Galz Now and Zen papers, May arts black and red twine, clear buttons that I alcohol inked.

HANG 10 CARD
I love this stripe paper by My Minds Eye and have a huge stack of it and am always using it for summer cards. I also took glossy paper and alcohol inked it with citrus and then tore the stripe paper and formed a pocket. The ribbon I got at Michaels and the images from Gecko Galz, it was part of the "Surfs Up" collection.

HERE NO EVIL CARD
for this card I used stripe paper by My minds eye, and then used the "Beautiful Background" stamps by Gecko Galz and colored it with copic markers, then I took a piece of black card stock and embossed it using a cuddle bug folder and distressed with Versa Mark ink then sprinkled with Silver UTEE and this became the mat. then added a bit of black tulle in the corners.

I hope you enjoyed the samples and this inspires you to go out and create your own creations.
Want to see more fun stripe ideas or enter a fun stripe challenge? Just visit the Do You Stack Up blog site!




Have a happy scrappy day
Leanne

4 comments:

  1. What a fun set of card! I love embossed bamboos. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous collection of cards Leanne, I love the image on the Hear No Evil Card.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fantastic group of cards! I love the cowgirl-so cool! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Leanne, these are so much fun....my fav however is the Dragonflies Dream card. Anything Asian and I am right on it. LOL
    Watch the mail....something coming your way very soon.
    Lesley♥

    ReplyDelete