Friday, August 3, 2012

Domino Pendent fun

Hi everyone!

I am finally back on the mend again and am in a crunch getting ready for the American Sewing Guilds Annual confrence (it is going to be held here in Houston August 16-19) I along with 4 other friends will have a booth in the vendor hall and I will be selling my composition book journals and some fun new jewlery pieces I have been working on. I am doing tonz of Domino pendents (guess you could say I am obsessed with them, lol) and I thought it would be fun to show you some of the ones I have been doing and also give you all a few images to play with and possibly create your own pendents.

SNOW QUEEN

For this domino pendent I alcohol inked the domino then found this amazing metal piece at Micheals and added the blue bling. My friend Cat Woody created the naecklace and earings.


STEAMPUNK PENDENT

For this one I was given a vintage set of dominos and using Staz on ink I stamped the domino then went out to local antique shops and flea markets and found some fun watch parts that I used to create the collage top.


MUCHA'S MUSE

For this Necklace I used a vintage image I got from Gecko Galz and cut it out then layered it onto the domino after I alcohol inked it with butterscotch. And then my friend Cat created the Necklace and earrings.


A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Again for this piece I alcohol inked the domino using Eggplant and wild plum then I took a cool finding I got in the jewlery section of Hobby Lobby and using my pliers bent the piece around one side of the domino and attached using E600.


MERMAID DREAMS

For this one I found these great sea shell beads at Micheals and I alcohol inked the domino using Pool and Lettuce then using Staz On I stamped the mermaid then painted her using Smooch inks. Now to seal you will want to use spray seal that you can get in the paint area of your local hobby store.


BUBBLES

For this one again I used Alcohol ink to paint the domino using Sailboat and citrus then I found a cute temporary tattoo of a permaid that I placed on the top so it looks as if she is surrounded by bubbles.


BELIEVE

I started by painting the domino with Radiant Rain ink which gives it a wonderful frosted look then I stamped a border stamp along the left side using Staz On ink then I did the work believe on the right side.


FLOWER POWER

This domino was alot of fun I took multiple alcohol ink colors and dripped them onto the domino and let them sit for about 30 seconds before you use your blending tool this will create a great color blocking look. Then I stamped a daisy background  stamp using Staz On Ink.


GODDESS OF FIRE

For this one I did the same as above using red and butterscotch alcohol inks then stamped it with a great art deco lady stamp and Staz On.


ASIAN LADY

I painted this one using Pesto Alcohol Ink then I found a great purple Staz On Ink color to stamp the asian lady. remember you can use pieces  of larger stamps to create fun unique domino pendents.


Now for some fun little images for you to play with in making your domino pendents...just remember have fun and the sky is the limit on what you can do with your necklaces. You can check out more of my work in my Etsy store on line!
Also find me on Pinterest for more fun works!


DOMINO IMAGES JUST FOR YOU!








Have a happy Scrappy Weekend
Leanne

3 comments:

  1. your dominoes are beyond gorgeous! wow. and thanks for the freebies. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Leeanne for the images and what lovely domino pendants. They are very addicting aren't they?
    Good luck at your show.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, your dominos are all so lovely :-) debi x

    ReplyDelete