Gecko Galz

Gecko Galz
PROUDLY DESIGN FOR GECKO GALZ

Sunday, April 20, 2014

ALTOID BOX MAGIC

So for my own personal challenge this month I decided to recycle some old Altoid boxes. If you are like me another persons garbage (in this case a bag full of Altoid tins my mother did not want) becomes a new treasure by adding some pretty papers, trims and altered art images done in photoshop. I began making wish boxes, prayer boxes, affirmation boxes and dream boxes one afternoon and got into them so much I ended up doing 12.......I get a bit carried away when I enjoy making things. I started by creating my images in photoshop (or you can use gimp) then picked out paper and trims. I cut the papers for the inside and outside of the box and you can ink the edges or even distress paint the edges. I then painted the outside lid with white acrylic paint and let dry. Next I layered paper on the top of the box, bottom and inside using Scotch liquid adhesive and red line tape.
Next I added my trims using double side tape and a touch of glue. Then add your picture to the top and embellish with a Viva pearl pen, stickles, UTEE what ever you think looks right for your design. Once that is done I found super cute 2"x 2" sticky note pads for people to write their dreams, wishes or prayers on and placed it in the box (Or you can use them as a gift card box). For the affirmations box I put 10 affirmations in the box plus 5 blank cards for them to write their own on. These make great little gifts and truely you can do them in less than 30 minutes.
Here are a few I did.









And here are some images so you can make your own boxes. Be sure and send a picture of them if you make some and I will share your design on my blog site! Just attach images in a comment to this post or send them to me at fripperiesandbutterflies@yahoo.com.

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter!



Happy Crafting
Lee Seed

7 comments:

  1. Leanne...your altered tins are divine. Thanks for sharing the instructions and images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Fits the theme of the pop challenge i am posting today in honor of Earth Day tomorrow! hope you upload these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so pretty!! Thanks for the images!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful boxes Leanne, thanks for the sheet. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so nice ALTOID BOX MAGIC and many many thanks for this nice presentation i has gotten and relevant this quality site and here has many online support...
    Puzzlebox

    ReplyDelete