Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Perfect with Paint

A few years ago I was introduced to something new...Digital Stamps and ever since then I have been very taken with them and love creating cards using different techniques. So today I thought I would share some ideas with all of you on fun ways to use paints...or better yet painting with products you may have never thought about using. Also I am sharing a few fun digital stamps for you to play with and if you like the way it has turned out maybe you will hop over to the city crafter challenge this week where their theme is "Paint It" and join in! In any case I hope you have fun and will go play with all your products.


NATURES GIFT CARD

On this first card I used a Day for daisies digital stamp and used just plain watercolors and copic makers to paint it. To get that wonderfully textured background I did a wash, first you want to print your stamp onto watercolor paper (any other paper will buckle and not blend as smoothly) then with your paintbrush ad water to your water color pat and to the background (generous amount). Next take watery paint dab on first color and let bleed then add another color. I then blot with a paper towel to get up excess water from paper then paint in areas that are still white.
The ret I colored with copics then inked the edges with brown dye ink.



PURPLE PIXIE CARD

For this card I printed the fairy stamp from Gecko Galz Fairies digital stamp set onto water color paper and then I painted with Twinkling H2O's. Now what are twinkling h2o's? They are water colors with a shimmer to them they give off a beautiful ethereal shimmer that looks magical. for back ground I did it just like I did above adding blue and touches of purple. for the fairy her self I used more of a dry brush for better control of the color then went back in with small amounts of water on my brush tip to blend and smooth. The outer edge I distressed with Radiant Rain Ink (the liquid version of Twinkling H2O's.



WILD FLOWERS CARD

For this card I again started with a Day For Daisies Stamp and printed this one onto Smooth Bristol Card Stock (I wanted a smooth surface). I used Ranger distress inks to paint with....yes you can paint with these and it is terrific fun! Take your ink and a piece of wax paper and rub your color on to the paper. Place a few drops of water into the ink and mix, now you have watercolors. For this image I used Dried Marigold, salty ocean for her dress. And Scattered straw for her flowers and  walnut stain for her hair. Just like water colors just paint with them.



GATHERING APPLES CARD

For this card I used another Day for Daisies stamp and printed onto smooth Bristol Card Stock. Next I painted with my ranger inks again this time using Festive Berries for the apples, Antique linnen and Crushed Olive for the dress and wild honey for her hair. Next I painted the clear buttons and lace trim with Alcohol Inks.....yep just two color lettace and red pepper (sounds like a salad hu?) and using the dauber just place your two colors on the felt making them cross each other in places then bounce on each button then the lace. Your lace needs to be polyester (because that is plastic) to get the best results. And the best thing about this is that it drys super quick.

So go forth and play with all your products and just have fun!





6 comments:

  1. Your painted designs are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your techniques. Do they work with an inkjet printer or do you have to have a a laser printer? Thanks for sharing the digital stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy yes I have a inkjet printer what I do is spray a light coat of workable fixative (you can get it in the art supply area of your local craft store. Let it dry for about 30-45 minutes then your ready to paint on!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely selection of cards ... I love the painting ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, love the technique too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cadrs!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete