Monday, May 5, 2014

The Art Of Vintage




This month Gecko Galz has teamed up with another amazing company to show how other companies blend so well with their products and we were lucky enough to work with products from VINTAGE BY ME and I used their Jane Austen images to create this little altered frame.



In photoshop I added the text TODAY TOMORROW ALWAYS and printed it out onto cream cardstock to 4"x 6". Next I took my frame that I purchased at the 99 cents store and added pearl white paint to the outside with a sea sponge for a great texture. Once that had dried I added two drawer knobs with E6000 to either side then I added 4 antique square metal buttons to the inside corners with the same adhesive.
Next after that has all dried I added some lovely lace and ribbons from May Arts, Webster Pages, 
and M & J Trims as well as my vintage velvet flowers on the top of the frame.
Last I added my little vintage inspired trinkets to the inner base plus a lovely feather ephemera piece from GECKO GALZ  Violets are Blue Collage set.

Vintage is always in style and items like this one makes wonderful mothers day gifties, so feel free to take my ideas and create your own versions!

Happy Crafting
Leanne Seed


7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Leanne. Love how you framed the image with so many pretty items. Beautifully crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the vintage look! Thanks for linking to PWPs May challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous piece! I absolutely love Jane Austen! Your creative embellishments and trims are fantastic! Thanks for joining the Paper Wings Productions challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the one for Craft Hoarders? It is amazing! I love the feathers, and JANE is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply amazing! I had trouble finding it, but it was worth the search. Love the feathers, the cameo image, the wonderful Austen vibe. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your project. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the Metal of Glass Challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete