Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DIA DE MUERTOS! ....fun with Skullies Card Number 3

Today I thought it might be fun to go south of the boarder and celebrate Día de Muertos...or known here as Day of the Dead. For this card I started with a cream color card base and layered on black card stock then I used a piece of 7 gypsies paper from their Gypsy Pack to form the base of the Polaroid mat at the top I stamped my BOO! sentiment stamp by Studio 112 three times. I inked a paper cupcake Dolley and attached to back of the Polaroid base. Then I cut out my skullie image from Gecko Galz DAY OF THE DEAD collage set and created the Polaroid.
Next I ran a piece of black lace at the bottom of the image then on top ran a strip of May Arts Ribbon. I tied a bow using the same ribbon and placed it in the center and dangled a skeleton cameo I found at the 99 cent store (in the jewelery section).
To finish I added 6 bling to the doillie.
Ole now you are set to celebrate!
For another fun idea create the Polaroid card and instead of the skullie image add a picture of a party goer in their costume and hand out as party favors at the end of the night!
Happy Haunting!
Leanne



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining the "tic-tac-toe" challenge at Left of Center this week. Your card is stunning and delightfully left of center. Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This card is beautiful, I really do like it. Thank you for joining us at Left of Center this week, however, you will not be considered for the prize this time as this is an older project. We would love to see you enter our challenges again but it must be with a current project post dated after the start of the challenge.
    Thanks again and we do hope to see you soon, Mo DT Coordinator. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card!!! I love this skull!!!! Thanks for joining us!!! Hugs Ana Isabel LOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and thank you for playing along with Forever Dark.

    ReplyDelete