Friday, October 17, 2014

SKELETONS IN MY CLOSET.....card Number 5

For my final card I used another of my favorite stamps by Gecko Galz from their SPELLBOUND stamp set and thought it would be fun to team up the image with their new Coven paper pack and some wonderful washi tape I got at a retreat I went to. I covered my card base with the paper from the coven sent then layered on some cheese cloth I got at the 99 cent store (notice I love shopping there) I bunched it in spots to create amazing folds and then tacked it down with fabric glue. Next I printed out the stamp image onto cream card stock and then inked using Ranger Distress Inks in Vintage photo and Spiced Marmalade. I used the washi tape to tack it to the top of the card, Next I added a fabric flower by Spare parts and three vintage buttons down the left side leaving me with a Skeleton card you would defiantly let out of the closet.
If you feel bold you can try your hand at dying the cheese cloth to match the colors in your card or use Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist for a shimmery effect.
Happy Haunting
Leanne Seed


5 comments:

  1. Just awesome. Love the addition of the cheesecloth and buttons. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing piece! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I was equal parts creeped out and tickled. I confess I giggled a bit when I saw the bird in hand. Great use of the cheese cloth! That is my new fav item to hoard...ahhhh I mean use! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring holiday project...it's fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete