Wednesday, September 25, 2019

CUSTOM ORDER JOURNAL........Beauty and the beast



Good Morning to all my followers,

So as most of you know ....or may not know, I have an Etsy shop where I sell alot of my paper crafted products. And last week I got my first commission piece and when the buyer told me what she wanted I was so inspired and got to work right away! She asked me to do a journal/notebook based on the old tv series Beauty and the beast and preferred it to be of Vincent (the beast). So I found an amazing art piece on Pintrest and was inspired to do this journal.


So using some paper studio papers  and gold foil washi tape I covered the book then went into my stash found this amazing wooden frame, the metal clock, old coin, and a bird cage with a heart and a really cool saying bar from Tim Holtz that reads "Encourage your hopes not your fears". Using Glimmer mist, gold paint and patina sprays I colored the wooden frame then with UTEE and liquid glue I created the rustic metal look for the inside edge of the frame.
I had such a fun time doing this journal and now I am going to enter it in the CREATIVE ARTIST CHALLENGE BLOG ; Anything Mixed media goes
Wish me luck!
Lee Seed

No comments:

Post a Comment