Sunday, April 20, 2014

ALTOID BOX MAGIC

So for my own personal challenge this month I decided to recycle some old Altoid boxes. If you are like me another persons garbage (in this case a bag full of Altoid tins my mother did not want) becomes a new treasure by adding some pretty papers, trims and altered art images done in photoshop. I began making wish boxes, prayer boxes, affirmation boxes and dream boxes one afternoon and got into them so much I ended up doing 12.......I get a bit carried away when I enjoy making things. I started by creating my images in photoshop (or you can use gimp) then picked out paper and trims. I cut the papers for the inside and outside of the box and you can ink the edges or even distress paint the edges. I then painted the outside lid with white acrylic paint and let dry. Next I layered paper on the top of the box, bottom and inside using Scotch liquid adhesive and red line tape.
Next I added my trims using double side tape and a touch of glue. Then add your picture to the top and embellish with a Viva pearl pen, stickles, UTEE what ever you think looks right for your design. Once that is done I found super cute 2"x 2" sticky note pads for people to write their dreams, wishes or prayers on and placed it in the box (Or you can use them as a gift card box). For the affirmations box I put 10 affirmations in the box plus 5 blank cards for them to write their own on. These make great little gifts and truely you can do them in less than 30 minutes.
Here are a few I did.









And here are some images so you can make your own boxes. Be sure and send a picture of them if you make some and I will share your design on my blog site! Just attach images in a comment to this post or send them to me at fripperiesandbutterflies@yahoo.com.

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter!



Happy Crafting
Lee Seed

7 comments:

  1. Leanne...your altered tins are divine. Thanks for sharing the instructions and images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Fits the theme of the pop challenge i am posting today in honor of Earth Day tomorrow! hope you upload these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty!! Thanks for the images!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful boxes Leanne, thanks for the sheet. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so nice ALTOID BOX MAGIC and many many thanks for this nice presentation i has gotten and relevant this quality site and here has many online support...
    Puzzlebox

    ReplyDelete