Tuesday, May 7, 2013

National Scrapbook Day Continues at Gecko Galz

Hello Everyone!

Well as all of you know this month we celebrate National Scrapbook Day and the ladies over at Gecko Galz are having a wonderful challenge for all the design team members to show everyone how to make amazing scrapbook pages all month long! So for my challenge piece I decided to think outside the book so to say and created a fairy memory box. The idea came to me when I was thinking of a gift to give to a friend that was having a baby, something where they can show off their pictures but a way to also house trinkets and treasures and a little fun for a child as well....I know big order huh? So what I came up with was this amazing altered cigar box project. It has spots to put pictures of the child and change them out as they grow, a touch of whimsie, and as the child gets older the mother each day can place a little suprise in the box for the child to discover...like the fairies left them a gift. This is my answer to the Spring Shelf elf!

Front of the fairy box
I used Gecko Galz Pixie Children collage set and found a great handle at Hobby Lobby as a door pull.
The cigar box you can get at local cigar shops they usually just throw them away.



The back side of the box
I included  butterflies from Gecko Galz Pretty Litle Butterflies collection and my friend Jan gave me this wonderful picture sleeve that the owner can slip pictures in and out of.


Side 1
I tied a length of olive colored tulle around the outside of the box and placed my pixie girl over it and added stickles to the wings to give a more ethereal look

Side 2

Another little pixie and a digital stamp banner I added the word wish too


Top of the Box
I used the Tim Holtz flower Die Cut and created flowers using pink and cream card stock. Then with a Viva Pearl Pen in cream (which Hobby Lobby is now selling) I added pearls to the petals.


Inside the Box
the inside I build a three diminsional fairy scene where little gifts and trinkets can be placed as well as another picture.

These boxes can be done in any theme or any shape and make great little keepsakes!


Now for the winner of my "Every thing is Rosey" Challenge I want to say congrats to Wendy for her winning design below. Wendy won the Gecko Galz  May product collection which included the pixie children sheet I used above. Congrats wendy on your amazing design!


  This month we will be having another wonderful challenge to create fathers day cards so keep an eye for the blog entry with all the details on that.
Have a happy scrappy day
Leanne

1 comment:

  1. Wow Leanne, what a magical box indeed! You have thought of everything, this child is sure to have an enchanted life. So much thought has gone into making this along with all of your beautiful images and details, I am sure it will be cherished throughout many generations. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete