Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lets Create a Christmas Card

So as alot of you may know I love making cards and the quicker one can make a card that looks like a million bucks the better. So I thought I would share a few cards this month that you can make using Gecko Galz products that really take no time at all to make. Beacause if you are like me you have a heap of Christmas cards to mail out.
 So for this week here is the card that you can make.....


Christmas Wishes Card

So for this card I used this months FREE image from Gecko Galz which you can find on their freebie page at
http://geckogalz.com/freebies.html

I also used a piece of red card stock as my card base and a piece of decorative paper I had in my stash. first using the red card stock I created a 5x7 card base I then cut the decorative paper to 3.5 x 5.5 and to 5 x 7 and inked the edges with my Vintage photo distress ink . I layered on the 5 x 7 piece to the card base then cut a 4 x 6 red card stock piece and layered that on top and then the second piece of decorative paper I then sized my picture to 3 x 5 and printed it onto white card stock. I cut it out and inked the edges with the brown ink then place a red 1/4" mat behind it. I then took a song sheet from the Gecko Galz Altered Christmas Collage set and tore it around all 4 sides and inked with the brown ink and placed in the left bottom corner. to finish I used decorative adhesive backed gems and lace I got at Micheals (from their recolection collections) but I know prima also has some amazing gems. and there you have it and beautiful card in moments that looks like you spent hours creating!
Oh and this month each week Gecko Galz is giving away  exclusive products when you make a purchase. This week is the lovely "Moonbeams" collage set.
Happy Crafting!
Leanne



3 comments:

  1. This is stunning, so full of richness.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Leanne, love the layers and the rhinestones! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card Leanne - it's stunning.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete